Title in Spain is I Walk the Line, another infamous adaptation.
John Frankenheimer is the father of the action. Every time I think Train (1964) goes a shiver down my back and I come to mind my flirtations with the Commandos 1, 1.5, 2 and 3. And something happens to me also Birdman of Alcatraz, that man (Burt Lancaster again) who raised canaries to destabilize the system. Here are some examples.
In 1970, approached the bitterness of the psychedelic 60s, and then comes to Johnny Cash is the soul of this film. And it is not because the star in it because their songs (which is named after the main film) helps greatly to Gregory Peck parco to show their feelings.
The story is about a timid and sad sheriff who falls for a girl, the daughter of a moonshine maker. From there, everything is degenerating into a traumatic consequences. Things are not what they seem. Traps few, the family, leaving everything on a whim, love, heartbreak, righteousness ...
technical assessments must speak of beautiful tracking shots, changes of pace and a beautiful combination of flat parties where near-far focusing and different characters are shaped to accommodate all sides during a conversation that tense. regular actors, very imposts on Tuesday Weld way the girl. The other half and half. Gregory Peck excellent, with the coarseness and rudeness, their presence and gestures hard to face that make you doubt about the verdict that divided his hand on your face.
Overall, I had created more expectations on the film. I thought it would be more violent, with more action, and has proven to be a drama to use, on the struggle of man against his routine life gray. The first half hour I found boring and slow, heavy, then go slowly entertaining. Lasts an hour and a half, but it could have lasted 70 minutes.
rating: 6
0 comments:
Post a Comment