home work.
All images are the property of the author,
and are used with their consent.
Last week we announced that we had talked about his Borja Yagüe "Allegretto", a story that comes to us through Babylon the publisher.
Without further ado, click away and the usual, you can read this interview.
Pastor Doc: What do you want to have this document?
Borja Yagüe: turn on the radio. You begin to turn to find something you like. Tours. Tours. Wait! You go back because something caught your attention. A song that will conquer with just two chords. Go back and hear a whole. Indeed, it is glorious. So looking on the internet, you download the album and hear a thousand times. And when you know it by heart, when you've decoded the secret ... stays with you, but it is not the same.
Actually that is what "Allegretto." To love and understand.
Doc Pastor: And how did the project?
Borja Yagüe: When I started this, I wanted to do was a story about irrational fears. This arises when you hold a baby in your arms, or in a relationship where you really feel comfortable and walk on eggshells to try not to go screwing up.
began as a small test , called "Crown of Flowers", about four pages, which developed more or less irregularly. But it was when it appeared the subject of music, how often you love without actually understanding it and then, when you understand, it often loses its charm.
page in pencil.
Making a comic is always an adventure. Mine started three years ago. At first I wanted to make it directly into a notebook, to have the whole story, as was to be published directly from my hands. I dunno, it seemed an attractive idea, but then I realized that was as attractive as impractical. I drew the first 20 pages and suddenly began to crowd my desk projects. And as usual, "Allegretto" remained collecting dust.
Good thing I could salvage. I think the story of Santi and Silvia worth telling.
Pastor Doc: Have you had any problems doing this work?
Borja Yagüe: For the first time I had to draw is that when Babylon Editions accepted my offer and I was 20, but they were two years ago and at that time had evolved considerably. .. Or split the story in two acts and had to do it all again. I chose the second, but kept two or three bullets with which he was very satisfied.
Pastor Doc: Tell us how your way of working.
Borja Yagüe: The technical process I followed is quite traditional. I do a sketch of how they will be the pages, I took that had already had them so that's very clear, and then drawing the cartoons, mainly because it is something that I am too lazy and if I have already .. . I just have the fun part.
usually work with a blue pencil, and after the sketches, compositions of bullets, etc ... I rush to make a sketch set. Scan it, get snacks and I send it by e-mail to the editor, I respond with corrections or insights into the page. With all this and do the final drawing with pencil and ink blue with a Pentel.
Then I scan the plate and digital color in Photoshop, fix flaws, if any, add some effects , although in this case very few, the truth and is ready for layout.
Doc Pastor: Who is the person who most influenced you to do "Allegretto"?
Borja Yagüe: Style-perhaps some of the American underground with things Bagge and Clowes, among others. As for the type of story has much more of English, Berlanga, of Jardiel, Azcona, even a bit of Woody Allen, which is doing a cameo there.
On the other hand, hindsight, I realized that I got a lot of references to books, music and cinema, which is something I love but has finished in the unconsciously comic.
Borja Yagüe: I hope so. The truth is that now I have some fear of what might happen, it's like when you let your child begins to walk alone, may fall or they might take to run ...
"Allegretto" is a very personal comic, funny, emotional hand ... has a little for everyone.
Doc Pastor: How did the landscape of comics in Spain?
Borja Yagüe: For a contradiction, but hopeful. I think in terms of quantity today we are better than ever, you can get virtually all the American comics market, French, Japanese, etc ... Editions are excellent, there are many publishers that are committed to national product.
On the other hand I do not see a normalization of reading comics as wide. However, things like the National Comic Award, specialized programs on TV, online, I think they do much good and not look like some minority.
However I have just come into the scene, we'll see where an old geezer who says "Well, in 2011 saw it and how naive I was!"
Doc Pastor: Thank you Bob.
0 comments:
Post a Comment